Over the years there has been a tremendous increase in the demand for staying fit and consuming a healthy diet. People are looking for more and more healthy products they can add to their diet. And, Green Tea having huge health benefits hasn’t been left behind as well.
Originated in China, Green tea is made from the leaves of the plant “Camellia Sinensis”. The same plant is used to make black and oolong tea. These two are fermented but green tea is processed by drying and steaming at a high temperature. With plenty of health benefits, this herb has now been spread across Asia and is produced in many parts of the world.
In this blog post, we are going to talk about some facts associated with green tea. Have a look.
10 Surprising Facts About Green Tea
- Green tea has been available to us for over 4000 years now. Originally discovered in China, it is being used for medicinal and soothing purposes and is now popular worldwide.
- You should take green tea between meals and not with meals as the tannin present in green tea inhibits the body’s ability to absorb and process essential minerals and nutrients.
- Green tea can be taken as a supplement in the form of a capsule or in liquid form.
- The astringent properties of green tea can be used in removing grease stains from wooden floors.
- Green tea contains valuable antioxidants such as Catechins and Polyphenols which can help in reducing sun damage, wrinkles, and can also slow down skin aging.
- The antioxidant properties in green tea protect the hair from harmful UV rays and free radicals.
- There are many varieties of green tea coming from the same plant. The difference in nature is due to their different growing and producing methods.
- Green tea aids in weight loss. Polyphenol and flavonoids present in green tea increase fat oxidation and metabolism rate, thereby helping in weight loss.
- It has also been seen that the mix of amino acid and caffeine found in green tea can improve brain function, ultimately improving your memory and making you more alert and smarter.
- Green tea is of great help for tired, puffy, and bloodshot eyes. The Tannin present in green tea provides a cooling effect and vitamin K eases the puffiness of the eyes.
How Much Green Tea Should You Take Daily?
There has no such claim on the ideal amount of green tea, one should consume daily. It totally depends on the person and their personal health. The difference in amount, however, can benefit you in different ways.
In a recent survey, it was seen that a person drinking one to three cups of green tea a day is at a lower risk of heart disease. While women who drank over 5 cups of green tea daily could likely develop stomach cancer.
So, you can see that the impact of green tea on your health depends on how much you can tolerate it. Not everyone can drink 5 cups daily. Adding green tea to your diet is of great advantage, but only when you are taking it in moderation.
Green tea has been blessing humans with its health benefits for centuries now. Enriched with essential nutrients, green tea works like a wonder for people suffering from various diseases. And if you are someone who wants to stay fit and healthy, you must start consuming green tea daily.
Looking for premium-quality green tea at the best prices, Contact Us.
Organic farming was introduced as a response to the intensive use of fertilizers and pesticides leading to environmental degradation. Owing to this constant exposure of the farm produce to pesticides, the quality and taste were compromised. Encouraged by an instinct to ensure the wellbeing of every single being on the planet, we begin GFO.